Restore smartphone data or tablet data
When you restore data to your smartphone or BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet, all files that are stored on your smartphone or tablet are deleted before the backup file is restored. If there is data on your smartphone or tablet that is not in the backup file, this data will be lost.
Before you begin:
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, click Device > Restore.
- Select a backup file that contains the data you want to restore.
- To restore all your smartphone data or tablet data, click All device data and settings.
- To select which smartphone data or tablet data you want to restore, click Select device data and settings. Select the check box beside the data type that you want to restore.
- If your smartphone includes built-in media storage, and you want restore it, select the Files saved on my built-in media storage check box.
- If the backup file is encrypted, type the password that you set to encrypt.
- Click Restore.
Next topic: Synchronization
Previous topic: Back up smartphone data or tablet data