Delete all data on your smartphone
Research In Motion recommends that you regularly create and save a backup file on your computer, especially before you update any software. Maintaining a current backup file on your computer might allow you to recover smartphone data if your smartphone is lost, stolen, or corrupted by an unforeseen issue.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, click Device > Delete data.
- If necessary, do any of the following:
- If your smartphone includes built-in media storage, select the Delete files in your built-in media storage check box.
- To create a backup file for your smartphone data, select the Back up data before deleting check box. To encrypt the backup file, select the Encrypt backup file check box. Type a password.
- Click Delete.