Add your smartphone to the BlackBerry Desktop Software
You can start using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software by adding your BlackBerry smartphone.
- On your computer, open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer. If prompted, click Yes to make this smartphone the active smartphone.
- If your smartphone is associated with a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, do one of the following:
- Type a name for your smartphone. This name is displayed in the BlackBerry Desktop Software on the home screen and in the Device menu.
To start certain tasks automatically each time that you connect
your smartphone, do any of the following:
- To back up your smartphone data and settings, select the Back up my device check box. In the drop-down list, select how often you want to back up your smartphone data and settings.
- To synchronize your calendar entries, contacts, memos, and tasks, select the Organizer data check box.
- To synchronize your songs, pictures, and videos, select the Media files check box.
- To keep your smartphone time synchronized with your computer, select the My computer's date and time with my device check box.
- If you want to synchronize your music, in the Media on my Computer section, select the music source for your music library.
- If your smartphone includes built-in media storage and you want to save your media files to this storage location instead of a media card, in the Store media on drop-down list, click Device.
- To delete existing media files from the storage location that is selected in the Store media on drop-down list, click Delete all media.
- Click Finish.
Previous topic: About the BlackBerry Desktop Software