Search This Document
Create a BlackBerry ID using your smartphone
Do one of the following:
- When you first set up your new BlackBerry smartphone, click Create a BlackBerry ID.
- When you open an app that uses BlackBerry ID, such as BBM or the BlackBerry App World storefront, click Create a BlackBerry ID.
- On the home screen of your smartphone, click Options.
Depending on your smartphone model, do one of the following:
- Click Device > BlackBerry ID.
- Click Third Party Applications > BlackBerry ID.
- Click BlackBerry ID.
- Complete the fields on the screen. The mandatory fields include a username (which is an email address), password, screen name, password recovery question, and password recovery answer.
After you have finished setting up a BlackBerry ID using your smartphone, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address that you used as your BlackBerry ID username. It's important to verify your BlackBerry ID using the link in the confirmation email because you must have a verified email address in order to recover your password in the future.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.