Search This Document
Update device applications
You can update the BlackBerry® Device Software and other device applications to access new features and functions that are available in a later version. By default, your device data and settings are backed up before the update begins. Before you update your BlackBerry Device Software, you should verify that you have the most recent version of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software on your computer.
During the update process, you cannot use your BlackBerry device and you cannot use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to perform other tasks such as deleting other device applications. If you disconnect your device from your computer or cancel the update process before it is complete, your device might be unusable until you restart and complete the update.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- On your computer, in the Applications folder, click the BlackBerry Desktop Software icon.
- Click the Applications icon at the top of the screen.
- If a recommended update does not appear, click Check for Updates. If updates are available, select an update to install.
- Do any of the following:
- Click Start Update.
- Complete the instructions on the screen.
Next topic: Delete device applications
Previous topic: Add device applications