About the BlackBerry Desktop Software
The BlackBerry® Desktop Software is designed to link the content and applications on your BlackBerry device with your Mac computer.
You can use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to do the following tasks:
- Synchronize your organizer data (calendar entries, contacts, tasks, and memos) and media files (music, pictures, and videos)
- Import pictures and videos
- Back up and restore your device data
- Add, update, or delete your device applications
- Transfer your device settings and data to a new BlackBerry device
- Manage multiple devices
- Charge your device
The main screen of the BlackBerry Desktop Software provides information about your connected device, such as the model information and the date that your data was last backed up or synchronized. The main screen can also provide you with quick access to common tasks, such as opening your device options and importing media files.
If you have used the BlackBerry Desktop Software with other BlackBerry devices, you can connect these devices and switch between them using the Device menu.