Restore device data or tablet data
When you restore data to your device or BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet, all files that are stored on your device or tablet are deleted before the backup file is restored. If there is data on your device or tablet that is not in the backup file, this data will be lost.
Before you begin:
- Connect your device or tablet to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, click Device > Restore.
- Select a backup file that contains the data you want to restore.
- To restore all your device data or tablet data, click All device data and settings.
- To select which device data or tablet data you want to restore, click Select device data and settings. Select the check box beside the data type that you want to restore.
- If your device includes built-in media storage, and you want restore it, select the Files saved on my built-in media storage check box.
- If the backup file is encrypted, type the password that you set to encrypt.
- Click Restore.
Next topic: Synchronization
Previous topic: Back up device data or tablet data