Share files between your computer and tablet using Wi-Fi
Watch a video about ways to share files: English
Want an easy way to connect your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet for easy file sharing? By using the file-sharing option with Wi-Fi, you can drag and drop documents, pictures, videos, music, and other files from your computer to your tablet. If you set a password to help protect your files, you are prompted to enter it before you can move files between your tablet and your computer.
- On your tablet, tap > Storage and Sharing.
- Set the Wi-Fi Sharing switch to On.
- To set a password to help protect your files, tap Password.
- On your tablet, tap > About.
- In the drop-down list, tap Network and make note of the Wi-Fi IPv4 address for your tablet.
- Do one of the following:
- If your computer uses a Windows operating system, click Start > Run. Type your tablet IP address in the following format: \\xx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
- If your computer uses a Mac operating system, select Go > Connect to Server. Type your tablet IP address in the following format: smb://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
- Drag a file from a location on your computer to a folder on your tablet.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.