Change options for notifications on the external display
When the flip is closed, notification for items, such as new messages, calls, or calendar reminders, appear on the external display.
- On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
- Click Display > External Notifications.
- To turn off the ability to review notifications by pressing the Volume keys, change the Enable Volume Key to Scroll field to No.
- To set the backlight to turn on each time that you receive a notification, change the Automatic Backlight and Notification field to Yes.
- To prevent notification details, such as the contact and subject line for a message, from appearing on the external display, change the Show Notification Detail field to Never.
- To prevent message preview text from appearing in message notifications, change the Show Message Preview field to No.
- To change the duration that notifications appear on the external display, change the Notification Cycle Duration field.
- Press the key > Save.
Next topic: Review notifications on the external display
Previous topic: External display