Add a member by scanning a barcode
To perform this task, your BlackBerry® device must have a camera.
Depending on the permissions that the administrator of the group has set, you might need to be an administrator of the group to perform this task.
- On the Home screen or in the Instant Messaging folder, click the BlackBerry Messenger icon.
- On the contact list screen, in the BlackBerry Groups category, click a group.
- Click Members.
- Click Invite a new member.
- Click Invite by scanning a PIN barcode.
- Click Continue.
- Hold your device so that all four corners of the barcode appear on your device screen. Continue to hold the device until you hear the success beep.
Next topic: Add a member by typing an email address or PIN
Previous topic: Invite a BlackBerry Messenger contact to join a group