Add a contact that uses text messaging
If you add a person who uses text messaging as a contact to BlackBerry® Messenger, you receive text messages from the person and you can send text messages to the person in BlackBerry Messenger. This feature allows you to send and receive text messages and instant messages from one application.
Depending on your wireless service plan or organization, this feature might not be supported. Extra fees might apply for sending or receiving text messages.
- On the Home screen or in the Instant Messaging folder, click the BlackBerry Messenger icon.
- On the contact list screen, press the Menu key.
- Click Invite Contact.
- Click Add a text messaging contact.
- Type part or all of the contact information.
- Click the contact information.
- If necessary, change the Category field.
- If necessary, type the name that you want to appear in your BlackBerry Messenger contact list.
- Click Add Contact.