Search This Document
Switch your device
Before you begin: Before you switch from your current BlackBerry® device to a new BlackBerry device, you should verify that you have the most recent version of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software on your computer.
- Connect your current device to your computer with a USB cable.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Device > Switch device.
- Click the icon for your current device.
- Do any of the following:
- Click Next. Your device data is backed up.
- At the prompt, connect your new device to your computer with a USB cable and click Next.
- Click the icon for your new device. Your device data is imported to your new device.
- Move your SIM card and your media card (if you have one) to your new device.
Next topic: Mobile Internet
Previous topic: About switching your device