Search This Document
Restore device data
When you restore data to your BlackBerry® device, all files that are stored on your device are deleted before the backup file is restored.
Before you begin:
To restore data that is in your built-in media storage, mass storage mode must be turned on.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, click Device > Restore.
- Select a backup file that contains the data you want to restore.
- Do one of the following:
- To restore all your device data, click All device data and settings.
- To select which data you want to restore, click Select device data and settings. Select the check box beside the data type that you want to restore.
- If your device includes built-in media storage, and you want restore it, select the Files saved on my built-in media storage check box.
- If the backup file is encrypted, type the password that you set to encrypt.
- Click Restore.
Next topic: Sychronization
Previous topic: Back up device data