Delete all data from my device
Before you delete the data from your BlackBerry®
device, consider backing up your data so that you have a copy on your computer before you delete it
from your device.
Research In Motion
recommends that you regularly create and save a backup file on your computer,
especially before you update any software. Maintaining an up-to-date backup
file on your computer might allow you to recover device data if your device is
lost, stolen, or corrupted by an unforeseen
If you have turned on encryption, the process for deleting all device data can take up to an hour to complete. You cannot
stop the process after you start it. If you reset your device, the process continues after the device restarts.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry®
Desktop Software, click Device > Delete data.
- On the Device menu, click Clear Data.
- Do one of the following:
- To delete all your device data, click All data.
- To delete specific data, click Selected data. Select the check box beside one or more databases.
- If necessary, do any of the following:
- If your device includes built-in media storage, select the Delete files in your built-in media storage check box.
- To create a backup file for your device data, select the Back up data before deleting check box. To encrypt the backup file, select the Encrypt backup file check box.
Type a password.
- Click Delete.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.