Back up device data
Before you begin:
To back up data that is in your built-in media storage, mass storage mode must be turned on.
- Connect your BlackBerry® device to your computer.
- In the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, click Device > Back up.
- Do one of the following:
- If your device includes built-in media storage and you want to back up data that is stored there, select the Files saved on my built-in media storage check box.
- Do any of the following:
- To change the default name for the backup file, in the File name field, type a new name.
- To encrypt your data, select the Encrypt backup file check box. Type a password.
- To save your settings so that you are not prompted to set these options again when you back up your device, select the Don't ask for these settings again check box.
- Click Back up.
Next topic: Restore device data
Previous topic: About backing up and restoring data