Add a new device
Before you can use the features of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, you must add your BlackBerry device to the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- On your computer, open the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- Connect your device to your computer. If prompted, click Yes to make this device the active device.
- Do one of the following:
- If your device is associated with a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, do one of the following:
- Type a name for your device. This name is displayed on the home screen of the BlackBerry Desktop Software and in the Device menu.
- To start certain tasks automatically each time that you connect your device, do any of the following:
- To back up your device data and settings, select the Back up my device check box. In the drop-down list, select how often you want to back up your device data and settings.
- To synchronize your calendar entries, contacts, memos, and tasks, select the Organizer data check box.
- To synchronize your songs, pictures, and videos, select the Media files check box.
- To keep your device time synchronized with your computer, select the My computer's date and time with my device check box.
- If your device includes built-in media storage and you want to save your media files to this storage location instead of a media card, in the Store media on drop-down list, click Device memory.
- To delete existing media files from the storage location that is selected in the Store media on drop-down list, click Delete all media.
- Click Finish.
Previous topic: About the BlackBerry Desktop Software