About the BlackBerry Desktop Software
The BlackBerry® Desktop Software is designed to link the content and applications on your BlackBerry device with your computer.
You can use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to do the following tasks:
- synchronize your organizer data (calendar entries, contacts, tasks, and memos) and media files (music, pictures, and videos)
- back up and restore your device data
- manage and update your device applications
- transfer your device settings and data to a new BlackBerry device
- use your device as a modem to connect to the Internet from your computer
- manage multiple devices
- charge your device
The home screen of the BlackBerry Desktop Software provides information about your connected device, such as the model information and the last dates that your data was backed up and synchronized. The home screen can also provide you with quick access to common tasks, such as backing up your data, opening your device options, checking for BlackBerry® Device Software updates, and synchronizing your organizer data and media files.
If you have used the BlackBerry Desktop Software with other BlackBerry devices, you can connect these devices and switch between them using the Device menu.