Turn on encryption
Depending on the amount of storage space available for storing files on your device, you might not be able to encrypt files on your device.
Before you begin: To encrypt data on your BlackBerry® device, you must have set a password for your device.
- On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
- Click Security > Encryption.
- To encrypt data on your device, in the Device Memory section, select the Encrypt check box.
To encrypt files that are stored on a media card and on your
device, in the
Media Card section, select the
Encrypt check box and do one of the
- To encrypt files using an encryption key that your device generates, change the Mode field to Device Key.
- To encrypt files using your device password, change the Mode field to Device Password.
- To encrypt files using an encryption key and your device password, change the Mode field to Device Password & Device Key.
- To also encrypt media files such as pictures, songs, and videos, select the Include Media Files check box.
- Press the key > Save.
Next topic: Picture folders
Previous topic: About file encryption