Change your typing style
You can change how your BlackBerry® device recognizes what you type by selecting a typing style.
- On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
- Click Typing and Input > Typing.
For a keyboard, do one of the following:
- To turn off all typing assistance, change the Style field to Direct.
- To set your device to suggest word predictions as you type, change the Style field to Predictive.
- To set your device to type the first letter on a key when you press a key once and type the second letter on the key when you press the key twice, change the Style field to Multitap. The Portrait Keyboard Type field must be set to Reduced in Options > Typing and Input > Keyboard, to have this option.
- To set your device to suggest spelling corrections as you type, change the Style field to Corrective.
- Press the key > Save.
Next topic: Find more information
Previous topic: Set the trackpad sensitivity