Search This Document
Common typing shortcuts
- To type a symbol, press the Symbol key. To view more symbols, press the Symbol key again. Click a symbol in the list that appears.
- To switch typing input languages while you type, press and hold the Symbol key.
- To capitalise a letter, press the Shift key. Press a letter key.
- To type a number in a number field, press a number key. You do not need to press and hold the number key.
- To turn on NUM lock, press the Shift key until the NUM lock indicator appears. To turn off NUM lock, press the Shift key again.
Work with text
Shortcuts for SureType technology
- To type a punctuation mark or a common symbol, press 1. Click the symbol in the list that appears.
- To type a number, press and hold a number key.
- To type a period and a space, press the Space key twice. The next letter is capitalised automatically.
- To type a long word quickly, type part of the word. In the list that appears when you type, highlight an item with the same initial letters as the word that you want to type. Slide your finger on the trackpad to the right. In the second list that appears, highlight the word that you want to type. Press the Enter key.
Next topic: Media shortcuts
Previous topic: Message shortcuts