Search This Document
I am not receiving messages
Try performing the following actions:
- Verify that your BlackBerry® device is connected to the wireless network. If you are not in a wireless coverage area, you should receive messages when you return to a wireless coverage area.
- If you created an email address or added an existing email address to your device using the email setup screen in the setup wizard, verify that you have received an activation message on your device from the BlackBerry® Internet Service. If you have not received an activation message (the message might take a short period of time to arrive), in the setup wizard, open the email setup screen to send a service book to your device.
- If you have not received a registration message from the wireless network, register your device.On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon. Click Advanced Options. Click Host Routing Table. Press the Menu key. Click Register Now.
- Verify that data service is turned on.
- If you use email message filters, verify that the options for email message filters are set correctly.
- Verify that email message forwarding is turned on and that you have selected all the email message folders, including your inbox folder, that you want to receive email messages from.
- If you have a Wi-Fi® enabled device and if your device uses a software token to connect to a Wi-Fi® network or to log in to a VPN, reset your device and connect to the Wi-Fi network or log in to the VPN again.
- Verify that your device is not blocking messages. For more information, contact your administrator.
Next topic: I cannot send SMS text messages
Previous topic: I cannot set up an email address