The following items affect the availability of features on your BlackBerry® device. The features discussed are meant as examples, and are not inclusive of every feature that might or might not be available on your device.
- Device model
- Features such as an internal GPS receiver, Wi-Fi® connection capability, and the camera and video camera are dependant on your device model. To find feature specifications for your device model, visit www.blackberry.com/go/devices.
- Wireless service plan
- A wireless service plan with phone or voice is required to use the phone application and to send and receive SMS text messages and MMS messages.
A wireless service plan with data is required to use the browser service and instant messaging applications, and to send and receive email messages and PIN messages.
For more information, contact your wireless service provider.
- BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry Enterprise Server
- Once you have a data plan, you must set up your email address or third-party instant messaging account in order to send and receive email messages, use third-party instant messaging applications, and use certain browser configurations.
If you are a corporate user, your administrator sets up your email account by associating it with a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. Your administrator might set options that determine the features and settings that are available on your device.
- Wireless service provider
- Features such as MMS messages, location-based services, and some phone features are dependant on your wireless service provider's offerings. For more information, contact your wireless service provider.
- Wireless network
- The wireless network that your device is connected to might affect the availability of some features. Depending on your wireless service provider and available roaming options, different wireless networks are available. Some wireless networks do not support features such as call blocking, call forwarding, or cell broadcasting. For more information, contact your wireless service provider.