Best practice: Conserving memory on your device
Try to maintain at least 400 KB of application memory on your BlackBerry® device. To use less memory, try changing options for email messages, calendar entries, and media files. Consider the following guidelines:
- Reduce the amount of time that your device stores email messages and calendar entries.
- Stop forwarding email messages to your device when your device is connected to your computer.
- Receive only the first section of long email messages.
- Store media files on a media card.
- Reduce the maximum amount of device memory available for media files. Depending on your device model, this option might not be available.
- If you changed the picture quality for pictures that you take, change the picture quality setting to normal.
- Reduce the picture quality in the browser.