Delete device data, third-party applications, or media card files
Before you delete your BlackBerry® device data or media card files, consider backing up these items so that you have a copy on your computer.
If you have turned on encryption, the process for deleting all device data can take up to an hour to complete. You cannot stop the process after you start it. If you reset your device, the process restarts after the device restarts.
- On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
- Click Security Options.
- Click Security Wipe.
- Perform any of the following actions:
- To delete data from the messages application, contacts application, and other applications, select the Emails, Contacts, Etc check box.
- To delete all third-party applications that you have added, select the User Installed Applications check box.
- To delete all files from your media card, select the Media Card check box.
- Type blackberry.
- Click Wipe.
Previous topic: Prerequisites: Restoring data over the wireless network