Set up your modem connection settings
You must set up your modem connection settings before you can use your BlackBerry® device as a modem.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
- Click IP Modem.
- Click Configure.
- Perform one of the following action:
- If your wireless service provider appears in the Connection Profile drop-down list, click their profile. In the Profiles Settings section, type any required information that is not included in the profile. For more information, contact your wireless service provider.
- If your wireless service provider does not appear in the Connection Profile drop-down list, click Add Custom Profile. Type a name for the profile. Contact your wireless service provider to determine the information that is required in the Profiles Settings section. Required information can vary for each wireless service provider.
- If necessary, click Save.
- If you want to keep using your device as a modem even after you close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, select the Keep an IP Modem connection open after the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is closed check box.
- Click OK.