- To insert a period, press the Space key twice. The next letter is capitalized.
- To capitalize a letter, press and hold the letter key until the capitalized letter appears.
- To type an accented character, press and hold the letter key. Click the accented character that appears on the screen.
- To turn on NUM lock, press and hold the 123 key until the lock indicator appears on the 123 key. To turn off NUM lock, press the 123 key again.
- To turn on CAP lock, press and hold the Shift key until the lock indicator appears on the Shift key. To turn off CAP lock, press the Shift key again.
- To insert an at sign (@) or a period (.) in an email address field, press the Space key.
- To type a symbol, press the Symbol key. To see more symbols, press the Symbol key again.
- To edit text that you have typed, click the text. Your BlackBerry® device displays the editing indicator around the cursor. To move the cursor one character at a time, touch the editing indicator and slide your finger.
- To cut or copy text and paste it into an application, simultaneously touch the screen before and after the text that you want to copy. Click the cut or copy icon at the bottom of the screen. Place the cursor where you want to insert the cut or copied text. Press the Menu key. Click Paste.
- To change the typing input language quickly when you are using your device in landscape view, or in portrait view with the full keyboard, click the globe icon. Click an input language.
Next topic: Media shortcuts
Previous topic: Phone shortcuts