Search This Document
Turn on encryption
Depending on the amount of memory available for storing files in the device memory, you might not be able to encrypt files in the device memory.
Before you begin: To encrypt data in the device memory, you must have set a password for your BlackBerry® device.
- On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
- Click Security Options.
- Click Encryption.
- Change the Encryption field to Enabled.
- To encrypt data in the device memory, set the Device Memory field to Enabled.
- To encrypt files stored on a media card and on your device, set the Media Card field to Enabled and perform one of the following actions:
- To encrypt files using an encryption key that your device generates, change the Mode field to Device.
- To encrypt files using your device password, change the Mode field to Security Password.
- To encrypt files using an encryption key and your device password, change the Mode field to Security Password & Device.
- To also encrypt media files such as pictures, songs, and videos, set the Include Media Files field to Yes.
- Press the Menu key.
- Click Save.
Next topic: Repair your media card or device memory
Previous topic: About file encryption