Set up an email address
To perform this task, you must know the login information for your existing email addresses or your administrator must have provided you with an enterprise activation password.
- On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Setup Wizard icon.
- On the email setup screen, select one of the following options:
- I want to create or add an email address: This email setup option is most common for individual users. Use this option to associate your BlackBerry® device with one or more (up to ten) existing email addresses (for example, a Google Mail™ or Windows Live™ Hotmail® email account) or to create a new email address for your device. To use a social networking application on your device, you must use this option to associate your device with the email address that you use to receive social networking notifications. If this option does not appear, contact your wireless service provider.
- I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server: This email setup option is most common for corporate users. Use this option to associate your device with a work email account using the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server if your administrator has provided you with an enterprise activation password.
- Click Next.
- Complete the instructions on the screen.
Next topic: Navigation and typing
Previous topic: Complete the setup wizard