Add a release for a product
- Log in to your BlackBerry App World vendor portal account with an Admin role or a Product Submit/Modify role, and click Manage Products.
- Perform a search based on your product name.
- In the Releases column for the product, click the add icon.
- Select answers that accurately describe the product. Type the required information in the fields that appear.
- Click Next.
Perform one of the following actions:
- If the product does not contain third-party content, click Next.
- If the product contains third-party content, select the My product contains third party content check box. In the fields that appear, type the required information and select the confirmation check box. Click Next.
of the following actions:
- If the product does not support user-generated content, click Next.
- If the product supports user-generated content, select the My product supports user generated content check box. In the text fields that appear, confirm whether the product meets the required standards. Click Next.
- In the Version Number field, type the version number of the release. Note: Make sure that the version number you enter here is exactly the same as the version number on the .bar manifest file of your release. For example, if your .bar file contains a version number 1.0.1, and you enter 1.1 in the Version Number field, you may receive errors or an upgrade notification.
- In the Release Notes field, type the release notes for the release, (for example, the known issues that users should be aware of).
- If you are adding a release that is not the initial release for a product, in the Upgrade Price drop-down list, click the price that you want to charge users to upgrade to the latest release of the product.
of the following tasks:
Upload a .zip file that contains the file bundles for a release
- Click Batch Import Files.
- Navigate to the .zip file for the release. Click Open.
- Verify the information for each file bundle in the File Bundles table. If necessary, change the information using the drop-down list or edit icon in each column.
Use the Device Support column to associate a file bundle with specific device models. For example, if you have a .cod file for devices with a touch screen and a .cod file for devices with a physical keyboard, click the edit icon in the Device Support column to associate each file bundle with the appropriate device models.
Add each file bundle for a release manually
- Click Add filebundle.
- In the Name field, type the name of the file bundle.
- In the Platform drop-down list, click Smartphone if the bundle is for BlackBerry smartphones, or Tablet if the bundle is for BlackBerry PlayBook tablets.
- In the Min. OS drop-down list, click the earliest BlackBerry Device Software or BlackBerry PlayBook OS version that the bundle supports.
- In the Device support column, click the edit icon and select the device models that the bundle supports. For example, if you have a .cod file for devices with a touch screen only, click the edit icon and select the appropriate device models.
- In the Language Support drop-down list, select the language that the bundle supports.
- In the Files column, click the edit icon.
- Click Add.
- Navigate to a .cod file or .bar file. Click Open.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 1 to 10 as necessary to add all of the bundles for the product.
If you want to associate a file bundle with a specific wireless service
provider (for example, you want a version of the product to be exclusive to a
wireless service provider), perform the following actions:
- Select the Deliver specific binaries to specific carriers check box.
- In the Carrier Distribution column that appears, click the edit icon for a bundle.
- Add the required wireless service providers from the Available list to the Selected list.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Verify the details for the release.
- Click Save.
- If necessary, add digital goods for the product.
- Submit the product to RIM for approval.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.