Search This Document
Run your application using the simulators
- In the folder where you extracted the .zip file containing the BlackBerry Messenger SDK, open the MDS Simulator -> sdk -> mds folder.
- Double-click run.bat to launch the BlackBerry MDS Simulator.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder where you installed the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator. By default, the location of this folder is C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Smartphone Simulators 6.0\22.214.171.1243 (9800).
- Double-click the sim1.bat file (or your custom .bat file) to launch a BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator with appropriate settings to run your application and communicate with the BlackBerry MDS Simulator.
- In Windows Explorer, in the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator folder, double-click the sim2.bat file (or your second custom .bat file) to launch a second instance of the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator with the appropriate settings to communicate with the first BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator.
- To have each instance of BlackBerry Messenger have each other as contacts, in the first BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator instance, open BlackBerry Messenger.
- Click the Menu key and click the Invite Contact menu item.
- Click Invite by sending a PIN or email message.
- In the To field, type 2100000B. This is the default PIN of the second BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator instance.
- In the second BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator instance, open BlackBerry Messenger and accept the invitation.
- Click the Send key.
- In the first BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator instance, close BlackBerry Messenger.
- On the Home screen, click the icon for your BlackBerry Messenger platform application.
Previous topic: Running your BlackBerry Messenger connected application