Search This Document
Create a project for your BlackBerry Messenger connected application using the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse
- In Eclipse, open the BlackBerry Application Development perspective.
- Click File > New > BlackBerry Project.
- In the New BlackBerry Project dialog box, in the Project Name field, type a name for your project.
- In the JRE section, make sure you select a BlackBerry JRE that is version 5.0 or later, and click Finish.
- In the Package Explorer view, right-click the project and click Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, in the left pane, click Java Build Path.
- Click the Libraries tab.
- Click the Add External JARs button.
- Navigate to the folder where you extracted the BlackBerry Messenger SDK file,. In the BBM SDK folder, double-click net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar.
- Click Next.
- In the properties window, click OK.
- When you are ready to build your project, on the Project menu, click BlackBerry > Package All.
To test your application see Running your BlackBerry Messenger connected application.
Next topic: Create a workspace for your BlackBerry Messenger connected application using the BlackBerry Java Development Environment
Previous topic: Setting up your development environment