Best practice: Terminology
- Use terminology that is clear, concise, friendly, and conversational.
- Use terminology that your users are familiar with.
- Avoid technical jargon, programming terms, and colloquialisms (for example, use "wireless calendar synchronization" instead of "OTA calendar sync").
- Use terms consistently throughout the UI and try to use terms that are consistent with other applications on the BlackBerry device.
- Use everyday words when you can, especially if you are explaining a complex technical concept or action.
- Avoid repetition.
- Use American spelling.
- Avoid using symbols to replace text (for example, use "and" instead of an ampersand (&)).
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.