Best practice: Punctuation
- Be consistent with your use of punctuation.
- Avoid using single quotation marks (').
- Use a colon (:) to separate text (for example, "file size: 5 MB"). Do not use a colon to punctuate labels.
- Use a serial comma (,) to separate the last item in a series of three or more items (for example, "Synchronize your contacts, appointments, memos, and tasks.").
Guidelines for using end punctuation
- Use end punctuation for complete sentences.
- Insert one space following end punctuation if your application displays multiple sentences.
- Punctuate questions with a question mark (?).
- Use an ellipsis (...) only to indicate that text is truncated.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.