Icons and indicators
Icons and indicators are pictorial representations of objects. They can visually identify your application and also convey meaning to users quickly.
To find the meaning of a specific icon, see the Icon Guide that matches your version of BlackBerry Device Software.
Best practice: Designing icons and indicators
- Use application icons and simple graphics that clearly represent the application, action, or component.
- Use imagery that users are likely to recognize. For example, for an email message icon, users are more likely to recognize a postage stamp than a rural mailbox. Be aware that graphics can have different meanings in different cultures.
- Use a similar perspective to existing application icons. Align your application icon with other application icons.
- Limit the number of colors in your color palette.
- Use colors consistently.
- Avoid text and numbers in icons and graphics because they require localization.