Debug a BlackBerry device application by using a debug package
Before you begin: Download a debug package from www.blackberry.com/developers/debugfiles that matches the version of the BlackBerry Device Software that is installed on your BlackBerry device. You must have the latest version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software installed on your computer.
- Extract the contents of the debug package to a folder on your hard disk.
- Connect the BlackBerry device to your computer by using a USB cable.
- If the BlackBerry Desktop Software is open, close it.
- In Eclipse, right-click a BlackBerry application project and click Debug As > BlackBerry device.
- When prompted, navigate to the location where you extracted the debug files and select that folder to continue the debug process.
Next topic: Create a debug package manually
Previous topic: Debug packages