Create a debug package manually
You can create a debug package from the Windows version of a BlackBerry® Smartphone Simulator. You can use the debug files to debug your BlackBerry device application on a BlackBerry device that is connected to your Mac computer by a USB cable.
Before you begin: Visit www.blackberry.com/developers/simulators to download the Windows version of the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator that matches the version of the BlackBerry Device Software that is installed on your device. You must install the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator in a Windows environment, for example by using VMware on a Mac or on a computer that is running Windows.
- In a Windows environment, extract the simulator bundle to a folder on your hard disk.
- In the <device>.xml file, verify that the <platformVersion> attribute matches the version of the BlackBerry Device Software on the device.
- In the folder where you extracted the simulator bundle, add the following files to a zip file:
- Name the .zip file debug_x.x.x.xxx_yyyy.zip where x.x.x.xxx is the version of the BlackBerry Device Software and yyyy is the model number of the device, for example debug_126.96.36.199_9800.zip.
- Extract the debug_x.x.x.xxx_yyyy.zip to a folder on your Mac computer.
Previous topic: Debug a BlackBerry device application by using a debug package