Convert a group of objects to a switchgroup
- Select the group of objects that you want to convert into a switchgroup.
- On the Inspector Transformation tab, select the SwitchGroup check box.
- To specify the switchgroup properties, click the Edit button. The SwitchGroup Properties dialog box lists the name of the group as it appears on the Objects panel. The Child Animation list displays each of the child objects in the order they are displayed during the animation, and indicates at which frame each is displayed. By default, the Child Animation list orders child objects by their relative position on the layer, with the bottom-most object displayed at Frame 1, the next object at Frame 2, and continues upwards through the layer, with the top-most object listed last.
- In the Default Child drop-down list, specify the child that is visible when the animation is not playing.
- To change the frame at which a child is displayed, double-click the child object in the Child Animation list, then change the value in the Frame field.
- To display a child object an additional time, perform the following steps:
- To remove an instance of a child object from the animation, select the child from the Child Animation list, then click Remove.
- Click OK.
- To test the switchgroup, click the Play button on the Animation panel.
Next topic: Change the switchgroup settings
Previous topic: Converting groups to switchgroup animations