Best practice: Terminology
- Use terminology that your users are familiar with.
- Avoid technical jargon, programming terms, and colloquialisms (for example, use "wireless calendar synchronization" instead of "OTA calendar sync").
- Be consistent with the use of terms in the UI and try to use terms that are consistent with other applications on the BlackBerry® device.
- Use terminology that is clear, natural, concise, and conversational.
- Use everyday words when you can, especially if you are explaining a complex technical concept or action.
- Avoid repetition.
- Use American spelling.
- Avoid using symbols to replace text (for example, use "and" instead of an ampersand (&)).
Next topic: Word list
Previous topic: Logos