Process flow: Moving a call from a BlackBerry
device to a desk phone
BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System
user selects the option on a
device to move a call to a desk phone.
BlackBerry MVS Client
sends the move code to the PBX over the PSTN using DTMF codes.
- The PBX sends the DTMF codes to the media gateway.
- The media gateway converts the DTMF codes to an RTP packet, and sends the RTP packet to the
BlackBerry MVS Server over the LAN.
- The BlackBerry MVS Call Processor recognizes the move code, checks the database for the user's desk phone number, and creates a SIP call to dial the desk phone number. The BlackBerry MVS Call Processor
sends the SIP call to the BlackBerry MVS Session Manager.
- The BlackBerry MVS Session Manager
sends the SIP call
to the media gateway over the LAN.
- The media gateway converts the SIP call to ISDN, and sends the call to the PBX.
- The PBX sends the call to the desk phone.
- The user answers the call on the desk phone.
- The BlackBerry MVS Client
ends the call on the BlackBerry
device, and the user can continue the call on the desk phone.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.