Process flow: Adding another party to a call on a BlackBerry
BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System
user dials the extension of Party B to conference the party into an active call with Party A using a
BlackBerry MVS Client
sends the code for the ad hoc conference and the destination extension number of Party B to the PBX over the PSTN using DTMF codes.
- The PBX sends the DTMF codes to the media gateway.
- The media gateway converts the DTMF codes to an RTP packet, and sends the RTP packet to the
BlackBerry MVS Call Processor over the LAN.
- The BlackBerry MVS Call Processor recognizes the code for the ad hoc conference,
places Party A on hold, and
creates a SIP call to dial the destination extension number of Party B. The BlackBerry MVS Call Processor
sends the SIP
to the BlackBerry MVS Session Manager.
- The BlackBerry MVS Session Manager
sends the SIP call
to the media gateway over the LAN.
- The media gateway converts the SIP call to ISDN, and sends the call to the PBX.
- The PBX sends the call to the destination extension number.
- Party B answers the call and speaks to the user.
- The user completes the conference on the BlackBerry
device, and all parties can speak with each other.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.