BlackBerry Mail Store Service
In BlackBerry® Enterprise Server version 5.0, the BlackBerry Mail Store Service connects to the messaging servers in your organization's environment and retrieves the contact information that the BlackBerry Administration Service requires to search for user accounts on the messaging servers.
- synchronizes your organization's contact list to the BlackBerry Configuration Database
- updates the contact list in the BlackBerry Configuration Database every 24 hours automatically
- permits the BlackBerry Administration Service to access user account information that is stored in the mailbox or mail file on the messaging servers
- exposes an API that the BlackBerry Administration Service can use to connect to the BlackBerry Mail Store Service
- searches for contact information on behalf of the BlackBerry Administration Service
You install a BlackBerry Mail Store Service when you install a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The BlackBerry Mail Store Service connects to the messaging server using the same connection information that the BlackBerry Enterprise Server uses. The BlackBerry Administration Service is designed to communicate with the BlackBerry Mail Store Service using RPC.