Search This Document
- A message arrives in a user’s mailbox. Microsoft® Exchange notifies the BlackBerry® Messaging Agent.
- The BlackBerry Messaging Agent applies global filter rules to the messages in the user’s mailbox and filters the messages that match the filter criteria.
- The BlackBerry Messaging Agent sends the first 2 KB of the message (plain text, or in an HTML message, the equivalent to 2 KB of plain text) to the BlackBerry Dispatcher.
- The BlackBerry Dispatcher compresses the first 2 KB of the message, encrypts it using the device transport key of the BlackBerry device, and sends the encrypted data to the BlackBerry Router.
- The BlackBerry Router sends the encrypted data to the wireless network over port 3101, or over port 4101 if the BlackBerry device is a Wi-Fi® enabled BlackBerry device that is connected to the enterprise Wi-Fi network.
- The wireless network verifies that the PIN belongs to a valid BlackBerry device that is registered with the wireless network, and sends the message data to the BlackBerry device.
- The BlackBerry device sends a delivery confirmation to the BlackBerry Dispatcher. The BlackBerry Dispatcher sends the delivery confirmation to the BlackBerry Messaging Agent.
- The BlackBerry device decrypts and decompresses the message so that the user can view it, and notifies the user that the message has arrived.