This process flow applies to new messages, reconciled messages (messages that a user moved, deleted, or marked as read or unread), and wireless calendar entries.
- A user sends a message from a BlackBerry® device.
The BlackBerry device assigns a RefId to the message. If the message is a meeting invitation or calendar entry, the BlackBerry device appends the calendar information to the message. The BlackBerry device compresses and encrypts the message, and sends the message to the wireless network over port 3101, or over port 4101 if the BlackBerry device is a Wi-Fi® enabled BlackBerry device that is connected to the enterprise Wi-Fi network.
- The wireless network sends the message to the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.
- The BlackBerry Dispatcher uses the device transport key of the BlackBerry device to decrypt and decompress the message.
- The BlackBerry Messaging Agent sends the message to the user’s email application.
- The BlackBerry Messaging Agent sends a copy of the message to the Sent Items view in the user’s email application.
- The messaging server delivers the message to the recipients.