Search This Document
- A user searches for a contact on a BlackBerry® device.
- The BlackBerry device assigns a RefId to the search request, compresses and encrypts the request, and sends the request to the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server over port 3101.
- The BlackBerry Dispatcher decrypts and decompresses the request using the device transport key of the BlackBerry device, and sends the request to the BlackBerry Messaging Agent.
- The BlackBerry Messaging Agent searches the GAL on the Microsoft® Exchange server and retrieves the 20 closest matches for the contact lookup request.
- The BlackBerry Dispatcher encrypts the results using the device transport key of the BlackBerry device, compresses the encrypted data, and sends it to the BlackBerry Router for delivery to the BlackBerry device.
- The BlackBerry Router sends the encrypted data to the wireless network over port 3101.
- The wireless network verifies that the PIN belongs to a valid BlackBerry device that is registered with the wireless network, and sends the encrypted data to the BlackBerry device.
- The BlackBerry device sends a delivery confirmation to the BlackBerry Dispatcher, which sends it to the BlackBerry Messaging Agent.
- The BlackBerry device decrypts and decompresses the contact lookup results with the device transport key so that the user can view them on the BlackBerry device or add them to the contact list on the BlackBerry device.