Search This Document
- A user requests Internet or intranet content from your organization's content server using the BlackBerry® Browser on a BlackBerry device.
- The BlackBerry device sends the request to the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server over port 3101.
- The BlackBerry Dispatcher sends the request to the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service over port 3200.
- The BlackBerry MDS Connection Service creates an HTTP session for the user and retrieves the requested Internet or intranet content from the content server.
- The BlackBerry Dispatcher compresses the content, encrypts it using the device transport key of the BlackBerry device, and sends the encrypted content to the BlackBerry Router.
- The BlackBerry Router sends the encrypted content to the wireless network over port 3101.
- The wireless network verifies that the PIN belongs to a valid BlackBerry device that is registered with the wireless network and sends the encrypted content to the BlackBerry device.
- The BlackBerry device sends a delivery confirmation to the BlackBerry Router, and decrypts and decompresses the content so that the user can view it in the BlackBerry Browser.