Search This Document
- A user uses the IBM® Lotus Notes® application on the user’s computer to encrypt a message using the password for the Lotus Notes .id file.
- The BlackBerry® Enterprise Server performs the following actions:
- The BlackBerry device decrypts the message using BlackBerry transport layer encryption and stores the message without decrypting the Lotus Notes encryption.
- The user tries to open the Lotus Notes encrypted message on the BlackBerry device.
- The BlackBerry Messaging Agent on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server decrypts the cached password for the Lotus Notes .id file and uses the password to decrypt the message. If the BlackBerry Messaging Agent does not have the password, from the menu in the messages application, the user must select More, More All, or Open Attachment to send the decrypted message to the BlackBerry device.
- The BlackBerry Enterprise Server deletes the decrypted password from the BlackBerry Messaging Agent memory cache and sends the decrypted message to the BlackBerry device.