Configuring a Microsoft Exchange 2003 messaging environment
- On any computer within the Windows domain, on the taskbar, click Start > Programs > Microsoft Exchange > Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Create an account that has following attributes:
- Create a Microsoft Exchange mailbox for the account.
- Assign the account the Send As permission for all user accounts in the User container of the Microsoft Active Directory domain.
- To activate the new mailbox, send a test email message.
You might not be able to see the Windows account in the Microsoft Active Directory to verify that you created it. To verify that you created the Windows account, log in to a computer using the Windows account.
For more information about the Send As permission and BlackBerry Enterprise Server, visit www.blackberry.com to read KB04707.
For more information about assigning the Send As permission to multiple user accounts, visit www.support.microsoft.com to read article 912918.
Configure permissions for the Windows account
- On the taskbar, click Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy.
- Configure the following permissions for the Windows account:
- On the taskbar, click Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Computer Management.
- Add the Windows account to the local administrators group.
- Using Microsoft Exchange 2003 System Manager, configure the Exchange View Only Administrator permission with the minimum access level of Administrative Groups.
- At the server level, configure the following permissions:
- To permit the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to check if users have permissions to access a public folder, assign the Owner permission on all public folders to the account.
- Visit http://support.microsoft.com to read articles 823343 and 894470.
- Verify that your organization's environment meets the requirements that are described in the applicable known issues.
- Download the hotfixes for the known issues on the computers that you want to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Administration Service on.
- Install the hotfixes.