Search This Document
You can install the BlackBerry® Monitoring Service so that you can monitor BlackBerry® Enterprise Server activity and BlackBerry device user activity.
- Log in to the computer using the Windows® account that you want to use to run the BlackBerry Monitoring Service services.
- In the Setup type dialog box, select I would like the installation process to use an existing BlackBerry Configuration Database.
- In the Database information dialog box, type the names of the database server and BlackBerry Configuration Database that the BlackBerry Enterprise Server uses.
- In the Advanced database options dialog box, consider the following information:
- In the Setup options dialog box, perform the following actions:
- When the setup application prompts you to restart the computer, click Yes.
- In the Monitoring service dialog box, perform the following actions:
- If there are a large number of BlackBerry device users in your organization, or if you create a large number of reports from the BlackBerry Monitoring Service, install the BlackBerry Monitoring Service database on a database server that is separate from the database server that hosts the BlackBerry Configuration Database.
- Type the names of the database server and BlackBerry Monitoring Service database.
- Start the services for the BlackBerry Monitoring Service.
- In the Console addresses dialog box, copy the BlackBerry Monitoring Service web address. You can use this web address to log in to the BlackBerry Monitoring Service.