Configure the BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool to search for groups in a BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 domain
- On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool, on the taskbar, click Start > All Programs > BlackBerry Resource Kit for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 > BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool client.
- In the BlackBerry Group Search section, click Configure.
In the Administrator Credentials section, in the
Authentication Type drop-down list, perform one of
the following actions:
- If the administrator account that you want the tool to use to access the BlackBerry Device Service or Universal Device Service uses Microsoft Active Directory authentication, click Active Directory.
- If the administrator account uses BlackBerry native authentication, click Native.
- In the Username field, type the user name of the BlackBerry Device Service or Universal Device Service administrator account. The administrator account must exist in and have the required permissions on every server that you want the tool to connect to.
- In the Password field, type the password of the administrator account.
- If necessary, in the Domain field, type the name of the Microsoft Active Directory domain.
- In the Add BlackBerry Domain section, in the Label field, type a label for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 domain.
- In the Hostname field, type the FQDN of the computer that hosts the administration console for the BlackBerry Device Service or Universal Device Service (for example, BDS-HOST1.company.com).
If necessary, in the Port field,
type the port number that you want the tool to use to connect to the
The default value for a BlackBerry Device Service or BlackBerry Enterprise Server environment is 443. The default value for a Universal Device Service environment is 8082. The default value for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express environment is 3443.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 7 to 10 for each server instance that you want the tool to connect to.
- Click Save.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.