Search This Document
Preview the synchronization process
Before you synchronize groups in Microsoft Active Directory with BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 groups, you can preview the synchronization process to identify and resolve any potential issues.
Before you begin: Map groups in Microsoft Active Directory to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 groups.
- On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool, on the taskbar, click Start > All Programs > BlackBerry Resource Kit for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 > BlackBerry Directory Sync Tool client.
To determine what tool does when a BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 group is mapped to a Microsoft Active
Directory group that does not exist in the directory, perform one of
the following actions:
- If you want to remove all user accounts from the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 group, select the Force Synchronization check box.
- If you do not want to remove user accounts from the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 group, clear the Force Synchronization check box. Details are written to the report and log file.
- If you want to view the report after the preview completes, select the Show Report check box.
- Click Preview.
- To review the report, click View > Report.
- To review the log file, click File > Open Application Data Folder.
After you finish: After you resolve any issues, start the synchronization process.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.